I’ve been very busy this morning. Well, mostly I just wandered around the grocery store. But I also finished painting my tiny bathroom so it would be less ugly! And now I will show you what it looks like.
Remember how my bathroom looked before?
We added a little wall shelf to keep things we use often in a handy location. It was only $5 at IKEA! Shallow wall shelves are great options for small bathrooms — especially when you’re low on storage space.
Rather then add towel bars (which take up tons of wall space and only dry one towel at a time) I opted for a wall hook. It is very convenient when you’re getting out of the shower to have one in this location. And in the same length of wall space as a towel bar would require, you could put 3-5 wall hooks! It’s a great option if you have roommates or children and need space for many towels at once.
These are postcards from the early to mid-1900’s I found at an antique shop in California. Four are from Wichita, Kansas (where I was born), and four are from Rochester, New York (where The Scientist was born).
These are prints I picked up last time I was in Paris. I just got them from a street vendor — very inexpensive — and matted and framed them to dress them up. Now they look fancy and add some fun color to the space!
Doesn’t the medicine cabinet look infinitely better?? All I did was paint it in a high-gloss white (like all the other doors and trim in the apartment) and put a glass knob on it that was left over from my little dresser project.
- Replace the shower curtain. The $5 white polyester thing I have now was another quick fix that I’ve been living with for too long.
- Get a rug. I think I want to get a colorful flat-weave Oriental rug. I’ll start shopping for that soon… After the sting of all my previous rug purchases wears off. I think The Scientist is still smarting from that whole experience.
- Switch out the light fixture. What’s in there now is hideous and the light is unflattering. I look bad enough first thing in the morning without the awful Skeletor-esque shadows around my eyes, thankyouverymuch.
- Switch out the shower head. Everyone should shower in the rain. I don’t think this requires more explanation.
- Investigate removable wallpaper options. As much as I love the fresh ocean color we have now, I can’t get those fabulous wallpapered bathrooms out of my head! Since we rent, real paper just isn’t an option, so I’ll have to look into other possibilities.
What do you think? SO much better, right?!